Number Sequence Error in LedgerJournalCheckPost
portect
2008-10-08 06:44:01 UTC
numberSeq = NumberSeq::newGetVoucherFromCode(ledgerJournalName.VoucherSeries);
ledgerJournalTrans.voucher = numberSeq.voucher();

I use the code above to generate a voucher using X++ but I'm getting an
error.
Below is the message I'm getting.

'System does not support setup 'continuous' of number sequence Acco_20.'

I check the setting of Acco_20 and it is setup to use continuous.
Is there any setting I need to check or change?

Also, how can I remove the dialog form when I have successfully post a ledger?

Thanks.
unknown
2008-10-08 08:58:00 UTC
Try the following:

numberSeq =
NumberSeq::newGetVoucherFromCode(ledgerJournalName.VoucherSeries, true);
ledgerJournalTrans.voucher = numberSeq.voucher();

make sure you use

numberSeq.used(); // If everything is successful, and the number should be
persisted
or
numberSeq.abort();// If something went wrong later, and the number should be
cleared

after assigning the number
--
Kashperuk Ivan (Vanya), SDET, Inventory management, Microsoft Dynamics AX
My blog - http://kashperuk.blogspot.com
Thanks.
portect
2008-10-09 03:01:02 UTC
Hi Vanya,

How bout removing the infolog when successfully posted?

I check the public method of LedgerJournalCheckPost and could not find
anything I can use to hide the infolog or prompt.

I tried 'progressHide' and 'parmShowErrorOk' but did not resolve my problem.
Any idea how?

Thanks.
Thanks.
unknown
2008-10-09 08:49:01 UTC
In the JournalCheckPost class hierarchy, it is implemented using the
following variable - showInfoResult.

Search for it on this class, look at where it is checked (infoResult
method), and implement the same for LedgerJournalCheckPost class.

Should be more or less straightforward.
Thanks.
Fernando